I am crowd sourcing the planning for this event. Join the conversation by commenting/volunteering/sharing this page.
To educate the Houston startup, freelancer and greater business community about the Affordable Care Act (aka ACA, Obamacare).
- Date: November, possibly on the 12th, 13th or 14th? Conflicts?
- Location: Platform Houston
- Refreshments: Catering from a local restaurant
- Cost: $15 preregistration, $20 at the door
- Charity: Find a local charity to donate proceeds to
- How the ACA works
- Plans & Options under the ACA
- Subsidies & Other Benefits for Health Insurance
- Potential pitfalls
- Startup/Entrepreneurship Opportunities
- Q&A From the Audience
Panel Members We Need to Find
- CPA/Accountant: Discuss tax/financial consequences of ACA
- Attorney: Discuss benefits/penalties of ACA
- Entrepreneur: Discuss various business opportunities created by ACA
- Doctor: Benefits/Problems with ACA from a medical perspective
- City Gov. Employee: How Houston can benefits from ACA
Marketing/Advertising/Other Help We Need to Find
- Platform Houston-venue for event
- Graphic Designer-create pictures/powerpoint/other visual materials
- Copywriter/Journalist-create press releases
- Websites/Other Organizations-spread the word
- Find a local restaurant to cater event for free/discount in exchange for sponsorship.
- Donate all moneys above costs to a local charity.
- Health 2.0
- Platform Houston
- Start Houston
- Startup Houston
- City of Houston
Have an idea? See a problem? Want to volunteer yourself/volunteer someone else? Answer and ask questions in the comments below or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.